Monday, April 13, 2015

Glutenfree bagels

So I made GF bagels today. They turned out okay..... again they don't taste as good as a 'regular' bagel. I won't eat the bagel plain but with butter, cheese or made in to a sandwich it pretty good.


GF bagels 
 
2 cups water
50 g yeast
4 tablespoons psyllium

Water, yeast and psyllium is whipped for about 5 min. Let rest for 5 minutes.

Add:

0.2 cup dark syrup ( I did not have a dark syrup so I used in a light syrup)
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
0.2 cup oil

whipping a few minutes.

A little under 2 cups GF flour. I used half Finax flour mix and half Finax Low-protein flour mixes

Stir in the flour a little at a time. Let the dough rest for about 10 minutes.

Divide the dough into 8-10 pieces, roll out and stick the ends together.
Let it rise 15 minutes.

Boil them one at a time in a large pot with water, about 1 minute on each side.
Bake at 200 degrees/392 F in a preheated oven for about 20 min.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment